Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tea For Two Or Just For You!


I loved coffee. I would drink pots of the rich, delicious liquid every day. A treat for me was a trip to the new Starbucks in town for a Grande. Forget the biscotte or other sweet bakery treats offered as an afternoon boost. Give me a tall, hot cup of coffee!

Not today. Today I'll still enjoy a cup of coffee after a dinner out, or a breakfast meeting, but today my drink of choice is tea. In my Gift Basket shop I carry an assortment of teas as part of my inventory and I like to taste test the product I sell. I especially like to test chocolates and cookies, and I let my husband test the salsas and bar-b-que sauces. My dogs love to test the dog cookies and new toys! Anyway, I started testing the variety of teas I was offering and found that I really enjoyed the green teas and the white teas.

We have a local tea blender, The Tea Guys where I get some really exciting teas. Being from Massachusetts, and featuring many designs themed for Cape Cod, I use a lot of their Cranberry Harvest tea. It really captures the sweet-tangy taste associated with cranberries.

I find drinking a warm mug of tea sooths my spirit so I use teas in many of our bereavement and get well gift baskets. I'll often choose a green tea or fruit tea to compliment a gift basket filled some short breads and butter cookies while I'll use a stronger breakfast tea or Earl Gray with heartier fare such as pancake mix and locally produced maple syrup. No matter what teas I use, we top our cello wrapped gift baskets with beautifully crafted, colorful bows.

So, the next time you are looking for a really great gift idea for the tea drinker in your life, you'll find a great selection at http://www.laurelmtbasket.com/ . We're working on our 2009 line of gift baskets for Mother's Day. Be sure to check them out while your there.

Thanks

Marie

No comments: