Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Most Interesting Gift Baskets

At Laurel Mountain Basket Company we create gift baskets for every occasion and will custom design gift baskets for our clients.
An interviewer once asked me what was the most interesting gift basket I ever made. My answer: a baby basket for a horse. A client wanted a gift basket for her friends horse. The horse had recently given birth and my client thought it would be fun to send a gift basket.
It was a challenge. But it was really fun to design. I used a straw cow boy hat as the "basket". Made a trip to the local feed and grain store (not one of my usual shopping haunts) where I purchased some carrot flavored cookies, shampoo and conditioner, a curry brush and a few other items necessary to create a SPA basket for a horse. My client loved it, as did her friend. I don't know what the horse thought.
So when I read article about the 20 horses entered in the Kentucky Derby receiving gift baskets, I wasn't that surprised. These gift basket will contain stuff a highly trained athlete needs before a big race including a super joint solution to help with inflammation and stiffness.
At Laurel Mountain Basket Company we make a lot of gift baskets for pets and the people who love them. Most are for dogs or cats or their owners but occasionally we get a request that makes us smile. Some day I'll tell you about the one we made for a Ferret.
Give your pet a big hug!
Marie

No comments: