Sunday, November 1, 2009

Winter Festival 2009


When Laurel Mountain Basket Company was a part time business/hobby, I spent every weekend between Halloween and Christmas participating in local craft fairs.
Craft fairs were not only great places to display and sell my Christmas gift baskets, they were great places to buy unique Christmas gifts for my friends and family.
The first year I applied to every show in the area. The second year I was a bit more selective and ruled out those where many of the "crafters" made crocheted toilet tissue covers and clothespin reindeer. I sold a lot of gift baskets at these fairs but it was a lot of work. By the third year, I was attending only my two favorites.
When I opened my retail space in an old converted factory building I stopped doing fairs altogether. I got together with some of the others in the building, we contacted some friends and started our own show. It was so much fun that we decided to do it every year.
I may be a little biased but I think The Annual Winter Arts & Crafts Festival at the Marketplace at Eastworks is one of the best arts & crafts shows in Western Massachusetts. We have some of the finest artisans and crafters in the Pioneer Valley, many of whom have been with us since the first one. Clients and the community at large look forward to the event because they know they will find one-of-a-kind handcrafted gifts, reasonably priced. There is something for everyone.
Join us this year on Saturday December 4th and Sunday December 5th from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. both days. We are located in Easthampton, MA, just minutes North of Springfield. For directions check the Eastworks website at www.eastworks.com
Artists and crafters, we still have openings in some of our categories. If you would like more information, contact me at info@laurelmtbasket.com

No comments: