Saturday, October 10, 2009

Holiday Rush



It was the first week in October and I was pricing floor tiles in one of the big box stores. I overheard the manager explaining to his crew that they would be getting their Christmas Holiday merchandise in by the end of the week. They were to start making room for it so that it could be out on display as soon as it arrived.

Now, in addition to being on line, Laurel Mountain Basket Company has a retail gift shop located in Easthampton, MA. I know I have to start planning for the Holiday Season early. We need to start creating our new designs in July and August so that we can order our supplies for an October delivery. But, I am NOT going to put our Holiday designs out on display in our store before Halloween!

I love all of the Holidays and I want to enjoy each of them to the max. I celebrate Take Your Dog To Work Day! So I think it is a shame to rush over any of them.

Celebrate Halloween! Make a huge bowl of pop corn, turn down the lights and cuddle on the sofa with your family while you watch scary movies together.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorites. Roasted turkey and pumpkin pie are the best. And in our family there is always a birthday cake. I was born on Thanksgiving day so it is a really special holiday to me.

I absolutely love Christmas!!!! Only my friend Jeannie out does me with Christmas decorating. I do think she starts decorating around now because every nook and cranny in her beautiful home is filled with the Christmas spirit. And then, she bakes enough cookies and sweet breads to feed the town.

So, my advice to you is that you savor each day because each one is a holiday. Don't rush over Mad Hatter Day, Cookie Monster Day or Cat Herders Day. Enjoy each one to the fullest.

No comments: