Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Every Day is a Holiday!

In the gift basket business, we help people celebrate special occasions every day. Today we get to celebrate a special occasion in our own household. It's my husband's birthday. It's also the day in 1839 when baseball was born which is very appropriate since Vic is an avid baseball fan. Living in Massachusetts, he favors the Red Sox most of the time, but has enough enthusiasm for the game to spread around, especially during the playoffs and the World Series.

June 12th is also Magic Day, Machine Day and Crowded Nest Awareness Day. Being so involved with birthdays and baseball, we don't celebrate these other events too much.

I love holidays! I was born on Thanksgiving Day and for years I thought everyone got the day off from work and had a big party because it was my birthday. It's still one of my favorites. That's probably because we get to enjoy my sister's hospitality each year and I don't have to do any of the cooking. Bringing a fresh baked pie from one of the local farm shops and a bottle of wine is the extent of my contribution.

Sunday is Father's Day. I hope Vic is not expecting too much this year since the dogs and I have not had a chance to shop yet. The old saying about the shoemakers children not having shoes also applies to gift shop owners and their families not receiving gifts!

Have a happy June 12th! Celebrate your life!

Marie

No comments: