Monday, June 11, 2007

Greetings From Laurel Mountain

Greetings from Massachusetts! My name is Marie. I live with my husband Vic and our two rescued dogs, Dana (left) and Fox (right) on a very large hill situated in a very small town in Western Massachusetts.
We own and operate Laurel Mountain Basket Company a full service gift basket company with a retail site in Easthampton and on line at http://www.laurelmtbasket.com/.

The company newsletter, in which I write about all kinds of irrelevant things, is called The View From Laurel Mountain. I wanted to keep my life simple so I gave my blog the same name.

Keeping life simple is getting more difficult every day. I am a very low tech person trying to get along in a very high tech world. Last week I changed the telephone service provider at the business and today I spent a good hour trying to reprogram my speed dial numbers. For someone who still remembers party lines, reprogramming a telephone is a challenge! My 15 year old nephew can't believe I am so inept.
I love living in the country. We have a little red fox (not the one pictured above) that has set up housekeeping down the hill, humming birds visit our feeder every evening, and a really insane Cardinal pecks at our family room window while we watch television. I wish I knew what she wants. She probably doesn't like my choice of programming.
Time to put on another hat and get back to work.
Thanks for visiting. See you again soon.
Marie

No comments: